søndag den 31. juli 2016

My first abandonments

Hi there,

My first abandonments took place last week. The very first was on Monday - it seems much longer ago, but I wrote it in my calender, so it must be true.

I totally forgot in my intro to mention that I've contacted some of my favourite designers to ask them if I can use their images for this purpose. I'd rather obtain their permission that guessing that it's ok and then find out, that it might not be ok.

I'm so happy to say that while writing this, no less than 18 designers have kindly given their permission and one of them even donated an image. I'll not mention who, should they afterwards be swamped by requests to donate, but they know who they are, and how much I appreciate this.

I abandoned this cutie outside my physiotherapists on Monday 18th. It's Spring Bling Wryn by Tiddly inks, and she was also the very first class I followed in Kit and Clowder, so she has a special place in my heart. She being the first of many things, she's also my first image on kraft paper and my first project out of class with my Faber Castell Polychromos colouring pencils.
She was still there an hour later, when I left the physiotherpy back training class.


My second abandonment was Wednesday 27th - earlier this week and was two projects this time. I was going to Viborg (35 km away) to meet with some of my fellow students from economy class and have a long walk with them.

We were going to meet at the local park - Borgvold - and I arrived early, so I could take a walk in the park and find a nice spot to abandon one of my projects. I found a good spot on a park table not too far from the childrens playground, so I'm pretty sure that somebody would find it. I don't know if they did, as I had to leave shortly after the walk.

I abandoned this card in the park:


The last project in this second abandonment also has the Spring Bling Wryn on it. This time it's not a card but a notebook I put the image on, as well as a few flowers, to make it look a little more attractive. The image is coloured with my copics and is a left over image from class practice. I felt it's good enough to use and it fit the notebook perfectly.

The notebook was left in a shopping cart outside one of the supermarkets in Viborg. I went in to show a few items, and when I came out, she was gone. It was a matter of 10 minutes, but of course shopping carts are used all the time :-).


So now I'm up to date with my abandonments. I'll be back when I have abandoned again. I know I'll be doing it this week, so keep an eye out for this blog.

Feel free to leave me a message to let me know, if you like my cards.

Please join this blog too https://kipekr-artabandonment.blogspot.dk/,  if you would like to see these projects on a regular basis. These projects will not be featured at kipekr.blogspot.dk.

Much love, Kirsten

1 kommentar: